Monday, April 7, 2014

Success Vs. Failure

Success

      Success is when you reach your goal and are satisfied with the results. I believe I have been successful in my education so far. To become successful I worked hard in and out of school so I could get good grades.
Success is dependent on effort - Sophocles

Failure 

      Failure is not reaching your goal and then not trying again, just giving up completely. I have failed in cross country this past season. I decided early on that I would not be having a good season, so I sort of gave up on trying to improve. I really regret not pushing myself to the limit and trying to get better. 
There is no failure except in no longer trying - Elbert Hubbard

    Personally, I am motivated by the threat of failure. I try to avoid failing, and if I do, I am less motivated to reach success at whatever I am doing. This is not beneficial and I will try to be more motivated by my failures.
    So far in my Genius Hour project, I have not been successful at all. I have not made enough time for this project even though it is really fun to do. I have not posted nearly enough and I need to improve on that. Since this project is so fun, I forget about it because it competes for time against actual homework from school which is a higher priority to me. Hopefully I can use my time better to allow myself to work on this project. I think I will need to change my goal from actually doing crafts and art every week to just explaining how I did my past art projects. This will save me time, but still contribute to my project. At the end of this project, if I have truly given all of my time and effort into my blog, then I will classify it as a success. If, however, I waste time and don't get anything done, I will have failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment