Sunday, May 11, 2014

Paint Chip Calendar

 I usually don't use calendars, but after finding this idea, I decided to make one. I found this project at: https://whimseybox.com/projects/diy-paint-chip-calendar-white-board
I thought it would be interesting and easy to do, but it turned out to be more difficult. Here is how I made my dry-erase paint chip calendar:
   Items needed:

  •    42 paint chips of whatever colors you want
  • A picture frame (40x50 cm)
  • X-acto knife
  • Ruler
  • Glue
Steps:
  1. Cut all paint chips to be 4.6cm x 4.6 cm
  2. Arrange paint chips in rows of 7 on the white sheet of paper that fits your frame. (I used the back of the sheet that comes with the frame) I started the first and last rows about 7 cm from the top and bottom of the paper. Each paint chip had .5 cm in between but you can space them however you want.
  3. Glue onto the paper. (I used a hot glue gun)
  4. Place the paper back in the frame and then you have a reusable calendar
My results:
   Mine didn't turn out as good as the example that I made mine from. My spacing was a little off and I accidentally glued one of the chips crooked, but I still liked my results. My calendar is now hung up on the wall in my room and it helps me to be more organized. I hope you find this project useful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment