Monday, May 12, 2014

Negative Space Drawing

  I took an art class at my school last year and I am using some of the projects from that class in my blog. This negative space drawing was really fun and interesting.

Here is what you need:

  • An image from a magazine
  • Paper
  • Carbon paper (to copy image from magazine to paper)
  • Pencil
Steps:
  1. Pick whatever image you want from a magazine or print one out
  2. Tape the carbon paper on top of the regular paper
  3. Draw over the outer lines of the drawing
  4. Shade in the image on the normal paper
Make sure you don't draw the inner lines because if you do it won't really be negative. This is how my drawing turned out. You can choose a more difficult or easier picture to draw. Make the shading sort of taper off to get the negative effect. I hope you enjoy this artsy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment