Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Black and White Drawing

    This drawing was a project I did in my art class. I had some difficulties with this piece because I couldn't decide on what I wanted to draw and doing the eyes was challenging. This project takes a long time because it is more detailed than the other things I have done.
Materials:
  • Black paper
  • Any image you choose
  • White chalk
  • Black charcoal/chalk 
  • Patience (each strand of fur needs to be drawn separately)
Steps
  1. Choose your image
  2. Lightly draw an outline
  3. Begin the detailed drawing
  4. Shade or highlight 

   As you can see, my drawing ended up sort of smudgy, so be careful with the materials. I was pretty proud of this drawing when I first made it, but now I see all of these little imperfections. Maybe I just shouldn't look at it? But anyway, I hope your B&W drawing turns out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment